iQ System™ Smart Key
Simply press the button on the wireless iQ System™ Smart Key (featuring Bluetooth and passive NFC) to easily lock or unlock your Smartscooter™ from a few meters away.
Unlocking and Turning On System Power
- If your Smartscooter™ is locked, turn the handlebar all the way to the left, then press the button on the iQ System™ Smart Key to unlock it.
- The headlight and tail light will flash, an audible tone will sound, the handlebar will be unlocked and the dashboard will light up to confirm the unlocking command.
Every time when you lock or unlock the Smartscooter™, make sure the handlebar is turned all the way to the left end.
- If the Smartscooter™ is unlocked, turn the handlebar all the way to the left, then press the button on the iQ System™ Smart Key to lock it.
- The headlight and tail light will flash, an audible tone will sound, the handlebar will be locked and the dashboard will dim to confirm the locking command.
Opening the Luggage Compartment
- If the Smartscooter™ is locked, press and hold the button on iQ System™ Smart Key for 2 seconds to open the seat and unlock the luggage compartment.
- If the Smartscooter™ is already unlocked and not on the move, press and hold the button on iQ System™ Smart Key for 2 seconds, or press the “seat opening” button to open the seat and unlock the luggage compartment.
- If you open the seat under unlocked state and close the seat within 90 seconds, the Smartscooter™ will return to unlocked state. You can use Gogoro® APP to activate / deactivate this feature.
- The Smartscooter™ enters hibernation mode under the following circumstances:
- When the battery level is too low (the last bar on battery display disappears), and the Smartscooter™ is locked over 3 minutes.
- When Smartscooter™ idles for too long time (Depends on current battery level).
- When Gogoro® battery is away from vehicle for longer than 48 hr.
- The Smartscooter™ doesn’t receive any commands from the iQ System™ Smart Key when in hibernation mode.
- You can release the Smartscooter™ from hibernation mode with a 3 second long press on the “Start” button.
- The lights on the handlebar switches will flash for several seconds to confirm release from hibernation mode.
- With hibernation mode deactivated, you can use the iQ System™ Smart Key to unlock the Smartscooter™.
In addition to locking and unlocking, the iQ System™ Smart Key is also capable of confirming its owner’s identity via NFC (Near Field Communication). Simply touch the sensing area at any GoStation® with the IQ System Smart Key to identify yourself. (Please refer to the chapter: Battery exchange.)
Battery Level of iQ System™ Smart Key
Each Smartscooter™ comes with two sets of iQ System™ Smart Keys. Your smartphone Gogoro App or GoStation® will inform you when the battery of the Smart Key you are using is low. Please switch to the second one and send the first one to Gogoro’s service center for battery replacement (premium service).